Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

New FFXI Roadmap

Gennadi
    Gennadi

New FFXI Roadmap Empty New FFXI Roadmap

Post by Gennadi Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 am

Ok folks you all been waiting for it the Newest FFXI Roadmap

The following new content is scheduled to feature on the test server in the coming months:

Content
    Job-related Updates
    The group two merit point category will receive adjustments early on, followed by the addition of new two-hour abilities and adjustments to monsters' enfeebling magic resistance. Subsequent enhancements to these new two-hour abilities are scheduled for later this year along with an expansion of the job-specific merit point categories.

Multiple adjustments for specific jobs are also planned, as illustrated on the roadmap.

Battle Content Updates
    In addition to adjustments planned for Voidwatch, Legion, and the Walk of Echoes, previous battle content such as Limbus, Einherjar, and Salvage are set to receive expansions.

Two new battle systems and are also scheduled to be introduced and expanded during this time. One system will involve dungeon exploration, while the other will allow PCs to play as monsters.

So these 2 really grabbed my attention. New dungeon exploration and we can play as monsters. That will be something to see cant wait.

Miscellaneous Updates
    This category includes system-related and user interface adjustments.

Many of the proposed UI changes will solely affect the Windows version of the game, and some of the first adjustments made will be to introduce new icons and increase their resolution. The next priority will be the introduction of layout customization and a multi-windowed mode, including support for font vectorization and multiple log windows.

After this, we will implement support for continual display of the macro palette, and explore the possibility of displaying recast times in the macro palette.

Fine-tuning Based on Player Feedback
    There are currently multiple features displayed on the roadmap that are undergoing refinement based on user feedback. New features will also likely be introduced on the test server even after the release of this roadmap, so stay tuned!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Further details that emerge regarding these updates will be announced on the FINAL FANTASY XI forums, playable on the test server, and discussed at VanaFest 2012.

New FFXI Roadmap Attachment

Aldarion
    Aldarion

New FFXI Roadmap Empty Re: New FFXI Roadmap

Post by Aldarion Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:47 pm

It's nice to see a new road map, though the thing I'm most excited for is the UI changes. My interest in the other stuff will probably rise when more information comes out about them.

Wonder what will be revealed at Vanafest. Some sort of expansion? One can hope...

What are you most excited about from the roadmap?
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 pm

I really hope they just dont give us filler we want substance. If they dont give us a new expansion this year i would settle for more add on story lines like they did with A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat and A Shantotto Ascension.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:55 pm