Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

New FFXI Roadmap

zanosuz
    zanosuz

New FFXI Roadmap Empty New FFXI Roadmap

Post by zanosuz Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:42 pm

ttention, adventurers of Vana'diel!

Today, we are pleased to present an updated FINAL FANTASY XI roadmap covering the months of October 2011 through March 2012.

*Dates noted on the roadmap indicate the time at which new content will be introduced on the test server.

October 2011-March 2012
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the addition of the test server, the FINAL FANTASY XI development cycle will shift from the periodic large-scale version updates seen thus far to a more frequent introduction of specific content as it becomes ready for release. That content will be tested by you, the players, and refined by our development and quality assurance teams to ensure the most challenging and enjoyable playing experience possible.

New content will hereafter be implemented in the following manner:

Development of new content
    Introduction on test server and announcement on official forums
    Playtesting phase
    Feedback from test server participants received.
    Development and QA teams explore possible revisions.
    Refinement phase
    Content is adjusted based on playtesting feedback and reintroduced on the test server.
    (*Cycle repeats from step two until content is deemed ready for release.)
    Content released!

The following new content is scheduled to feature on the test server in the coming months:

October
    The next installment in the Voidwatch saga, new Walk of Echoes walks, additional BCNM battlefields, and upgrades for relic equipment are scheduled for introduction this month.

A daily reward system is also under development for this month, along with adjustments to the warrior, thief, and scholar jobs.

November
    An increase in the level cap from level 95 to 99 as well as additional adventures to embark upon, new job abilities and appropriate refinements for existing ones round out the planned focus for this month's content.

For player convenience, monster placement will be adjusted and the porter moogle system expanded.

December
    Features proposed for this month include a new battle system for level 99 players—tentatively named The Last Stand, a renewal of the Nyzul Isle Investigation battlefield, additional weapon skills, a level cap increase for adventuring fellows to 95, and further job adjustments.

January
    This month's test server update is scheduled to introduce the fourth chapter of Voidwatch, additional job adjustments aimed at level 99 characters, and refinements to merit point groups one and two. The scope of these job and merit point adjustments will likely exceed even those implemented with the level 99 cap increase.

February
    Features planned for this month include: a new dungeon crawl system, the latter half of Voidwatch's fourth chapter, a further expansion of the porter moogle system, and adjustments to limit break quest difficulty.

March
    Expansions to the Limbus and Einherjar battlefields, along with further job adjustments and two-hour abilities obtainable via merit points are set to be introduced this month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    We thank you for your continued exploration of Vana'diel and wish you many more incredible discoveries in the future!

------
    The FINAL FANTASY XI Team

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/16211
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

New FFXI Roadmap Empty Re: New FFXI Roadmap

Post by Gennadi Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Wonder what new jug pet(s) we might be seeing for bsts.
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 am

I'm curious what sort of weapon skills they will be adding! And I'm always eternally hopeful that they will one day grace us puppetmasters with a new Automaton!
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Hak i like that idea for a new improved smarter Auto.
    How you been, hows school treating you?
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 am

It's going alright, had a big exam today, which I may have failed miserably at :/ But I'm surprisingly content with it ^^, I tried my best after all. Besides that I'm SUPER busy! Trying to get into a research of some kind atm, but it's difficult and there's alot of competition. I actually may propose my own research project and get a team started, but that's a whole other story.

Anyways, how are you doing? Is everyone rushing through the lvl 95 content? And is abyssea still the main focus?
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Miss u Hak, not been playing much lately tho. Just not in the mood... and never was able to get on that trial game thingy.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi B hope you feel better, and yes Hak abyssea still dominates.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 pm

I feel great, just not in the mood for game. Will be on tonight tho prolly. Need to get Jazi ready for Maat fight. gonna do the whm one. Maybe the Repose fight, or run around like coward and heal myself. Prolly all the above.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:53 am

Well whatever you choose gl i know you will beat him up good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm