Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
zanosuz
Hakrev (Admin)
6 posters

Empy -1 runs (Walk of Echoes)

Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Empy -1 runs (Walk of Echoes) Empty Empy -1 runs (Walk of Echoes)

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Hello everyone. I would like to suggest that in addition to our empy weapon farming we do some WoE. Why? Because instead of empy weapon taking 2months of time, we can unlock 4+ empy weapon skills/week. For those uncommitted to such a massive time sink as Empy weapons, this could be a great alternative path.

We can gather up 4-6 people and obliterate a zone easily (4 bsts can solo the crab walk easily). We can do this once per hour. So, 3hr run once a week = ~4 completed weapons. Get ~40-60 coins/walk so that's 15 coins for each person approximately. 3hr run = almost guaranteed completion of weapons. (above coin amounts include max fayed purse drops, maximum for purses is 72 coins, individuals also drop on top of this; also i'm saying 4 completed per week because I highly doubt we'd get enough coins in each category to successfully complete 5 whole weapons, although it is in the realm of possibility)

Primarily would focus on obtaining 5 people's weapons per week. So in the time of 1 single reg empy weapon for one lucky person, we could get ~30-40 empy-1's. That's nearly 1 for every active member in our ls, which I think would be extremely beneficial to all of us in the future. The difference only being a few base dmg, stat bonus aligned with ws (~15), and the aftermath effect.

I don't want to take away from our empyrean weapon's static, so the day would need to be midweek. I'm thinking Tuesday evenings sometime. Figured I'd list our current events and stuff too:

Dynamis - Sunday Evenings
    Einherjar - Saturday Evenings
    Nyzul Isle Floors - Saturday before einherjar
    *Nyzul Isle Outlands (deciding on time, probably same as floor static)
    Limbus (not currently active)
    Emperean weapons and +2 items - no currently posted times, still planning event???

My proposal for Emperean:
    Empy weapon run: Sat morning/sun morning is actual run; farm pops Thursday/Friday evening with the group. Pop 18 times for 18-36 items or more if your farming additional pops.

Empy -1 run: required 4-6 people minimum. If you don't show up you wont have a chance to be chosen to get your -1. We'll simply run it on a, if u don't have any empy-1 then you get first pick of your coin (that is if u show up to actually help). If we have enough people come we can separate into more than 1 group and farm up more coins. If interest is high we can schedule runs eventually to do the top tier WoE, where you can score items like a cape that occasionally completely absorbs magic dmg taken.

Coin of Ruin: STAFF ONLY (BLM, SMN, SCH) 3 jobs total
    Coin of Birth: Dagger, Scythe, Gun (THF, BRD, DNC, DRK, RNG, COR) 6 jobs total
    Coin of Glory: Sword, Katana, Great Axe (PLD, BLU, RDM, NIN, WAR) 5 jobs total
    Coin of Decay: Great Katana, Club, Bow, Great Sword (PLD, DRK, SAM, WHM, RNG) 5 jobs total
    Coin of Advancement: Hand-to-hand, 1-handed axe, Polearm (MNK, PUP, WAR, BST, DRG) 5 jobs total

Let me know what you think and if you want to gather up for it. I'm going to run these regardless (ie i will shout for participants), but I would much rather do them with friends and help our ls get some truly amazing ws's. Again, only 1 type of coin per person. Coin's might become freelot once the required amount is completed for the person that has locked that coin type.

zanosuz
    zanosuz

Empy -1 runs (Walk of Echoes) Empty Re: Empy -1 runs (Walk of Echoes)

Post by zanosuz Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:29 pm

I tried many times to get people to do WoE and no one showed interest. Crabs will take more than 4 beasts if you want to finish before time runs out, tried it. Also the coin drop rate isn't that good, unless you get lucky and/or get a pouch with them in it. I use to do WoE with a small static and tried bringing it to the ls and it got no where.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 pm

We did a test run or 2 but we didn't have enough people. We have had more members join us and this would be a good time to reintroduce WoE and see who else would like to join.
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:17 pm

the drop rates have been changed, ...i personally soloed 6/18 crabs on bst with a throwaway raptor pet using zeta biscuits only (tanking 4-5 @ once and i ran out sadly of biscuits so nm killed me)....I'm certain 4 bsts could clear it with moderate difficulty. People have even duo'd the entire run before and won (that was even pre-95). Pouches drop at end of run and as i said it's been increased alot. Honestly coins even before update weren't that hard to get I used to farm them solo all the time (can't do this anymore because of the updates).

Perhaps my estimates are high, but even if they are it doesn't matter really its still way faster then empy weapons no matter how you slice it and more people complete their weapons at the same time, there's no limit on the amount of times you can go in and do WoE (besides the once per vanahour), while on empy there is restrictions on time etc and the nms are really quite difficult, for those new/coming back to game with not many stones, they can complete these weapons outside of abyssea and not waste what small amounts of time they have.

I in no way wish to imply that we should not focus on empy's, I would love to see everyone have them, but realistically we can only do 1 at a time and so we'll be backed up for quite some time while we farm them. If we do both these events then we get people instant satisfaction with completing a lesser version (for mages especially there is no reason to complete the high end empy's so doing the -1 wud be helpful for at least accessing the ws.

Basically WoE is like Nyzul in that Nyzul gets you weapon to do your ws, that's one of the main reasons we do that event. WoE gets you your weapon to do your ws, but like mythic weapons, the upgrading of the empy's is extremely difficult and not accessable to casual players that would just like to get the ws's and move on.

We have 4 people atm interested in doing runs on tuesdays so far, still hoping for some more ^^. Me, Ali, Bet, Selona. Sure I'd like to have WAY more then 4 come out cuz respawns and stuff can get troublesome, i'm just trying to plan for the minimum amount of participation and see what happens. I really hope some more people would be willing to join us, there are some cool rewards (lvl99equips and stuff) as you progress to higher tiers. Some relic upgrade items (dubius die, etc). And just fun smacking around (or getting smacked around by) hard nms like caturae and the like.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:52 pm

If i have some extra time then i will go. Lately iv'e been bogged down with a lot of work that i need to complete.
    zanosuz
    zanosuz

Post by zanosuz Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 pm

ill go cause i want to finish all the walks.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 pm

I went on this run Tuesday, 3 bst 1 blu, was alot of fun, nice LS Event. People are not interested cuz they know nothing about it. How u look this up? Is there a guide somewhere? I can't find it if is. Even when I click on the coins it don't say how to get them. But u know I have a hard time with that anyway. I really think that is the problem tho. We lost btw, we need more ppl.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 am

Ill post some information on it
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:00 pm

it wasn't like an uber fail. We got it down to just 2 nms left, but the 45 min ticker ended the run. I would like to see a few more people come out for it. Ranged type attacks are best in here because the only real problem you will encounter is the conal AoE maga scissors which will do ~50% of total pet hp and player hp. regular DD's are not advised, they can help out on the lower level monsters, but the conal AoE of the bosses is hard to cope with. The problem lies in the hate reset of mega scissors, which will result in your immediate death if it does x2 mega scissors back to back and targets you with the second one. As with all WoE battlefields you have auto-rr automatically, so don't worry about it. You will also have temp items given to you as you defeat monsters.

Blm's, rng, cor, rdm, sch, bst, whm, blu, are all pretty good in here. The monsters have TERRIBLE accuracy btw (besides the conal AoE), the bosses would just miss over and over again with 0 eva gear on. You will unfortunately be riding your reward timer in here and probably your call beast timer. Perhaps with the turtle pet it wouldn't be so bad, but your going to need more then just turtles out on the battlefield. If you need to kite a nm for a while for w/e reason someone with a raptor or hippo would be helpful.

In a 4 bst setting, I would recommend the following: Run in and kill first group of 4 on stairs. NM will be pulled to the location of the place where the damask crab died in this first group. It is easier to tank/ride your reward timer's when you are killing this solo or in group of 2 bsts. It spams tp skills too often if you have too many people on it, which will complicate things alot.

Have other 2 bsts work on clearing a path through the 2 groups of smaller monsters leading to the other 2 nm's ignoring the 3 groups on the other side. First nm should be getting pretty low at this point or dead. Have other 2 bsts now engage 1 nm each. TP moves will be quite slow, so you wont have too much trouble rewarding pet, however you need to make sure nms are not close to each other, so have 1 bst pull 1 nm to the hallway, have the other bst keep 1 nm in the room where the 2nms were.

When 1st nm is dead, have other bsts and any additional party members run up to aid the soloing bsts so that there is now 2 bsts on each nm. During the solo portion if you should happen to lose your pet, kite it back to the beginning, have one of the bsts on the 1st nm grab it.

You only have to defeat these 3 bosses. All other monsters are not needed.
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 pm

This announcement was just made and they will be implementing this soon (probably next patch):

The Walk of Echoes battles have offered players fun yet challenging fights for both rewards and experience. However, the difficulty of these fights and the limitations on participation have proven to be an obstacle in the event's success. Upcoming test server updates for Walk of Echoes hopes to eliminate these problems, starting with decreasing the damage dealt by area of effect attacks by the boss Notorious Monsters. Later adjustments will see the addition of temporary items at the start of fights as well as the removal of the "Once per Game Day" limitation on re-entry.

[dev1096] Walk of Echoes Adjustments

Area attacks unleashed by bosses will deal less damage.

*As of the February 24 test server update, only the content above has been implemented.

The waiting period to receive the “Kupofried’s Medallion” key item will be abolished.
    Temporary items will be obtainable upon entering a Walk.
    *Players will receive a random selection of approximately five items.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 pm

I notice they are doing Emp weapon runs now. Getting KI etc.. So why we need both?... Would lov to get my H2H Emp weapon but going way to early for me. Crying or Very sad
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 am

Betrice wrote:I notice they are doing Emp weapon runs now. Getting KI etc.. So why we need both?... Would lov to get my H2H Emp weapon but going way to early for me. Crying or Very sad

The reason people do both is that in Walk of Echoes you not only get to upgrade your Trial Of the Magian h2h ( or other weapons {EMPY h2h and other weapons are much more powerful by the way} you also get to unlock fluxes for better drops and loot)

For an example of the difference between:

A level 95 (walk of echoes) h2h weapon

Revenant fists +3
    (Hand-to-Hand) All Races
    DMG: +34 Delay: +55
    "Victory Smite"
    Lv. 95 MNK / PUP

Starting Weapon: Pugilists

Trial 68: Tumbling Truffle x3
    Trial 69: Helldiver x3
    Trial 70: Orctrap x3
    Trial 71: Intulo x4
    Trial 72: Ramponneau x4
    Trial 73: Keeper of Halidom x4
    Trial 74: Shoggoth x6
    Trial 75: Farruca Fly x6
    Trial 1138: Chesma x8
    Trial 1140: Coin of Advancement x30
    Trial 1910: Kindred's Crest x20
    Trial 2308: High Kindred's Crests x50
    Trial 1140: Coin of Advancement x30
    Trial 1910: Kindred's Crest x20
    Trial 2308: High Kindred's Crest x50
    Trial 2741: Devious Die x100

A level 95 Empy h2h weapon

Verethragna
    (Hand-to-Hand) All Races
    DMG: +39 Delay: +51 STR +17
    "Victory Smite"
    Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage
    Lv. 95 MNK / PUP

Starting Weapon: Pugilists

Trial 68: Tumbling Truffle x3
    Trial 69: Helldiver x3
    Trial 70: Orctrap x3
    Trial 71: Intulo x4
    Trial 72: Ramponneau x4
    Trial 73: Keeper of Halidom x4
    Trial 74: Shoggoth x6
    Trial 75: Farruca Fly x6
    Trial 1138: Chesma x8
    Trial 1139: Two-leaf Chloris Bud x50
    Trial 1909: Ulhuadshi's Fang x50
    Trial 2307: Dragua's Scale x75

Trial of the magian (walk of echoes path) h2h is easier to get but less powerful.

Trial of the magian (Empy path) h2h is much more powerful but harder to get.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 am

I prolly won't be on much, if at all. My mother coming to live with me and due to lack of space will maybe pack the computer up, we will see. The LS events getting earlier and earlier so I can't join in anyway and u know that is what i like. It has been fun and was nice knowing u all. I do care about the LS always have... So please if a new person logs on and asks what is going on please answer the person. Made me fell so totally bad when loged in as my mule and ask what was going on and no answer... If u thought i was acting "pissy" please forgive me.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 am

Keep your computer plugged in B, you are part of Marvels and always will. We wont be the same if you leave. Take a break but dont make it permanent. Log in from time to time to say hi. I will be there too.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Me and my daughter trying to figure it out. Thx Genn really miss u. Just alittle upset atm that family members have spare rooms and won't let that poor women stay with them and we have to make major changes. I will feel better when i get things organized. Poor mommy!! /cry
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I know that's how life is sometimes. We get stronger because of it. I will be on game soon.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 pm

ok now i have another question. Trial 74 H2H is 6x Shoggoth. I went with shout once and go 3 of these done. You can pop Lamprey Lord in same zones as Shoggoth using ur colorful Abysite or w/e it is. How u know which one u about to pop? These guys i went with seemed to know... Is it some kind of cheat do u think? I need to know so i can go with shout when i hear it. Cuz I dont want to get out there and pop this Lamprey Lord by mistake and have a group of ppl making me feel horrible. pale
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:51 pm

I know there are people that use windower plug in to find these vnm's easily. I think if you find the wrong nm in a certian part of the map then go to the other end for example far north or far south or east/west and see if you can pick up the trail. Good hunting Cool
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 am

If the wrong one pops it is to late tho rite?
    zanosuz
    zanosuz

Post by zanosuz Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 am

The emp runs we have going now are at a time that fits the majority of the people that need them or want to help to get +2 items. Dyna and Einherjar are same times it has always been, except i get everyone gathered and focused sooner that way we enter on time. WoE is nice to do, but people want the better emps from abyssea. I got all the helms for the 1st stage katana emp in 2 runs, granted these nms are way faster to kill for KI's than H2H (which I've been stuck on since it came out..42 more buds). Doing H2H emp is the longest trial to do because Chloris has so many KI's to get, I've solod it a few times but takes forever collecting what you need to pop him. Maybe you should work on dagger emp B for your dancer, its quicker to obtain. We have 3 of us, Myself Ali & Mino) doing the Bri/Sobek emp atm and should be completely done in 2 weeks. Then Ariana and Sayven are next up and they are going for the dagger and there is room for 1 more in that group. There are some things to get done before we start an emp, that being; have the pre-abyssea nms and vnms complete and have to help hold KI's for others. Everyone gets lots of +2 items the way we have been doing it. The Ls has grown by 20people in the last few weeks, so lots of people don't know who you or your mule is and are a bit shy or afk when you log on cause we been doing free FC for the ls everyday sometimes until 4am est. Screens move really fast doing FC and sometimes you cant see the chat, so sorry if you think people are ignoring others. Our Ls has moved to rank 26 from 57 on the server with the accomplishments we have been achieving as a group.
    zanosuz
    zanosuz

Post by zanosuz Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:19 am

Betrice wrote:ok now i have another question. Trial 74 H2H is 6x Shoggoth. I went with shout once and go 3 of these done. You can pop Lamprey Lord in same zones as Shoggoth using ur colorful Abysite or w/e it is. How u know which one u about to pop? These guys i went with seemed to know... Is it some kind of cheat do u think? I need to know so i can go with shout when i hear it. Cuz I dont want to get out there and pop this Lamprey Lord by mistake and have a group of ppl making me feel horrible. pale

The 2 different vnms pop in different areas on the map, no cheat is needed to know where each pop. Wiki doesn't keep updated info like it use to, you can find better info on BG or the official forums by doing a search or by reading on wiki where it says testimonies toward the bottom of the vnm or NM you're looking up. If you happen to pop the wrong vnm simply warp out and you save your colorful abyssite.
    Nightstrike

Post by Nightstrike Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:29 am

zanosuz wrote:Our Ls has moved to rank 26 from 57 on the server with the accomplishments we have been achieving as a group.

and that's just with the few of us that are on the site and keep the stuff updated.(btw, 29 when i looked)
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:19 pm

ok thx zan I will check out the dagger trial then. But man that H2H is really nice Cool What is BG? scratch
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:18 pm

BG is a better version than FFXI Wiki

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Is there a schedule for the emp runs? I not only get lost I can't find things either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:26 pm