Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Current State of Adoulin

Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Current State of Adoulin Empty Current State of Adoulin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:06 am

Current state of adoulin:

It's basically a completely new experience. I know many of you, just like me, completely hated this expansion when it came out. Why wouldn't you? It was uncompromisingly difficult and threw it in your face. Not to mention the myriad of incomplete content and nothing much to do but loaf around in your subligar under the hot vana'diel sun all day. Frankly it was boring and made me want to quit.

A couple reasons why you should consider returning. First off, the reives aren't just easier because people are getting delve weapons, they are really truly easier. Like you can go afk and get 15k bayld a night while you sleep easy. And you can now turn that bayld into awesome new gear and weapons, which are much more formidable and are a perfect entry choice into the world of Adoulin. I personally solo'd a reive on my second day in adoulin with only these bayld weapons. So seriously it's not bad at all. 

Delve at first glance is the bane of huge monstrous alliance-sized battles that frankly I find disgusting, but we are currently trying to bolster our ranks to start our own runs, which we will be starting shortly, yey! I haven't done this yet, so i'll reserve my opinion of it till I have.

Skirmishes are getting a bit of an over hall as of 8/6/13. Not sure what will be changed but they are doing something with the augment system, which hopefully will allow us to have even stronger weapons. Skirmish is NOT hard. It's so easy a caveman could do it. Honestly, if you've ever played nyzul isle, it's basically like that kinda difficulty, which is to say not really much at all. You'll likely get tons of weapons quite fast and we do the highest tier one's and spare no expense (thank you lj for your contributions!). 

So look, right there, TWO new choices of awesome weapons that can be obtained quickly and easily woot woot. 

Exploration! Ok this MIGHT not be the most important to you, but for some it's pretty freakin awesome. It's dangerous and challenging in the new world for sure, but the adventures you have with friends while gaining the warp points all over the continent are pretty much epic and for me at least were a kickback to the old days when I was but a ffxi newb and every sunset, river, and ocean I came across I pressed the Print Screen button with elated joy! Adoulin expertly entices the eyes with it's raging waterfalls and engagingly difficult to master maps. You'll be climbing cliffs, riding rapids, hacking down overgrown turnips, and stomping out nests of wasps all over the place and it's pretty freakin fun.

Coalitions: sadly they are there, but lack something, like the ability to join one or something, idk they're just there for the heck of it i guess.

There are SOOOOO many logging/mining/excavating points in the new world you wouldn't believe it, and if you check out my crazy awesome adoulin maps then you'll be an expert at finding them and raking in the spoils. I haven't tested this much, but the opportunities seem plentiful. I bet the fishing is also awesome here simply because of the various kinds of waterways all over the place...adoulin is a land gushing with water on nearly every map and it's awesome.

I wrote this message because just a few days ago I wrote all the reasons why I hated adoulin. B charged me with trying it again. So I did. And I was impressed and had a helluva lota fun. If you haven't tried it in a while I think it's worth your time to check out. I hope this post helps clarify the current state of things in adoulin. If you got any more questions please feel free to ask. I'm sure B or Fur could chime in to answer anything to.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Current State of Adoulin Empty Re: Current State of Adoulin

Post by Betrice Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:34 pm

The leeches in Reives are like the brds in Campaign Battle they will put a stop to it and I just hope they don't change the currernt reives cuz I like they way they are now.  But we had this conversation already. Coalition assignments tames the wilderness of Eastern Ulbuka. I think it also helps with your fame alittle, not sure.  Your personal standing increases within the Coalition u are doing assignments for so you can get more imprimaturs to do assignments.  Get assignment go do then warp back for bayld and exp. That's all u need to know lol j/k.  It builds up the Coalition so those npc's will stand out there and sell u cool stuff and augument your weapons etc etc.

Adoulin is different just like Abyssea was when we first got.  I didn't like Abyssea at first. Hated being timed and was confusing and hard. Until we got all the things that made it easier. Now I love Abyssea.  This is same thing to me. Just rollin with it and having a good time while I am at it.  Last night while we were in area with the waterfall there was a lot of ppl there doing Reives because Rose told us it drops good stuff like nice capes and stuff. Was a lot of bst there with jug pets I noticed and was glad to see.  They had on the twilite gear so will be doing that soon with all my cruor I got saved up so can get my bst goin.  They had the axe from delve so that on my list as well.  They were using Faithful Falcorr as pet.

Rose can get us in to do delve farming so will be organizing that soon, so we will control the shout we will be in charge we will get the good stuff. I will be able to get us in as soon as I well.... just go on wildskeeper reive.  Will as soon as I get decent shout.  There was one but was in hard area to get to so I passed. It is hard right now to keep good balance in LS and please everyone.  Some don't have Adoulin I know but we are still there to help at w/e.  Started NNI last night and sorry but we are full, was posted in lsmes long enuff for ppl to reserve their spots so if u missed it sorry. We did good last night and only need to change a few small things.  Thank you to Rose for leading it.  Time for Work! See you again:cheers:
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Pets are now also calculated by the item value you have, for instance if you have a 116 item level ur pet will bet that lvl, giving a substantial boost to it. The 30k bayld items are Item lvl 106, delve is 116.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:22 pm